The Concept of Tyre Protector
The principle of Rubber Memory- (Also known as elasticity of rubber)
A fresh tyre has optimum rubber memory and hence you will observe the rubber retain its form despite a puncture. But with ageing, wear and tear the tyre looses it rubber memory. This generally begins to happen at the end of the legal life of the tyre. The legal life varies from tyre types and manufactures. Wounds following a puncture would be visibly larger in the case of lost rubber memory as opposed to a fresh tyre. The ability of the rubber to retain its original form despite being stretched is known as rubber memory. The rubber memory is also lost in case the penetrating object stretches the rubber beyond its capacity. This is generally up to 3mm diameter in motorcycles and 6mm diameter in case of four wheelers. You will find a hole in cases where large objects puncture a tyre. Another reason for rubber memory loss is in case a penetrating object remains inside the tyre for too long. It may rust and react with the rubber surrounding the object and cause the rubber around to harden or lose its elasticity. Hence such objects should be removed through regular inspections with or without Tyre Protector.
Tyre Protector forms a permanent 2mm coat on the inside of the tyre in the repairable area of the tyre. i.e. the shoulders and side walls of the tyre are not covered by the coat. This coat is permanent and will protect your tyre in the following way
- The gel protects from air loss in an event of a puncture. You can drive even with the object inside the tyre.
- However inspecting the tyres once in a month through our authorized dealers will ensure that such objects are removed from the tyre. The punctures heal automatically once the object is plucked out. How does this happen
- As soon as the object is removed the gel is pushed out from the cavity caused by the puncture. The hole contracts due to the tyres rubber memory. The rubber particles in the gel start clogging in the contracted cavity to seal the puncture. This is a permanent fix and will not require an external repair. You may be required to drive the vehicle for a short distance after the object has been plucked out to aid the gel to squeeze out from the cavity. The gel is designed to squirt a very small quantity though this process.
- In case you are driving or riding far off distances (Over 500-1000 kms at a stretch) It is advisable to inspect the tyres after the drive to avoid any rubber memory loss from objects that may have penetrated in the tyre.
- The 2mm coating distributes the gel weight evenly across the repairable area of the tyre. This ensures your tyre balance is not affected. Tyres are required to be balanced in case of four wheelers before installing Tyre Protector. In ideal conditions Tyre Protector has the ability to self balance your tyres ensuring even wear and tear. However if required Tyre Protector supports Tyre Balancing though traditional methods post installation
- Tyre Protector is compatible with both Regular air and Nitrogen. In case you wish to install Nitrogen make sure you raise the wheels with a jack while installing Nitrogen. This is to ensure the coat is not disturbed.
- The gel is non toxic, bio degradable and water soluble. This allows the tyre to be washed leaving no traces in case you wish to claim the tyre warranty.
- In case of rubber memory loss the hole caused due to the puncture will not contract and the rubber particles will fail to clog the cavity. The gel will simply pass through the hole without sealing the puncture. Punctures caused due to loss of memory may be required to be fixed externally via traditional methods.
- Every Tyre Protector installation is covered under warranty and support from the authorized Tyre Protector dealer.
Tyre Protector Performance Warranty Summary
- Stable at high speeds. No wobble assured
- Automatically seals punctures in the repairable area of the tyre up to
- 3mm thick punctures in case of two wheelers
- 6mm thick punctures in case of four wheelers
- 12mm thick punctures in case of commercial tyres
- Please view the Installation record copy or click the detailed terms and conditions of warranty
Post Installation Care
- Immediately after installation Drive 10 KMS between the speed of 20-30 KMPH for the coating to set in.
- Regular Tyre Inflation.
- Regular Tyre Inspection
- Steps to follow if you find a Nail / Screw in the tyre
- Top up the tyre to its maximum recommended air pressure.
- Drive a short distance of about 2-3 kms to warm up the tyre.
- Pluck out the puncturing object in case of nail or thorns
- INCASE OF SCREWS unscrew as plucking will damage the rubber further.
- Once the puncturing object has been removed drive the vehicle for 1-2 kms for the puncture to seal effectively. (The puncture generally gets sealed almost immediately however the driving helps)
Do not install in case
- Cars which have not been aligned or balanced within 3 months
- Cars have driven over 5000 kms after alignment and balancing.
- Do not be ignorant about your tyre. Inspect your tyres once a month.
- Do not drive under or over inflated.
- Do not fix externally without consulting your authorized Tyre Protector dealer. Our dealers have been trained technically to install and service Tyre Protector. In case of any issues please contact your dealer.